To register for a Centrify cloud tenant you'll need an email address. Follow these instructions:
- Go to http://www.centrify.com/lp/trial/centrify-solutions.asp and request a trial. Alternatively, you can register for an Express account via www.centrify.com > Free Products > Centrify Express for SaaS > Request a Trial. After 30 days, the premium features will be disabled. Fill out the form:
- You will receive an email from Centrify on the email address specified. Click on the validation link:
- Upon validation you will be assigned a tenant ID. Press the button to log in to Cloud Manager
You will also receive an email with your initial credentials.
- When you attempt to log in to the cloud manager with your password, you'll be asked to provide an additional authentication method - since e-mail is the only option, you'll receive an email to your account, click on the link and you'll be signed in.
- Upon login, you'll be welcome by the configuration wizard.
What happens when a tenant is created?
The Centrify Cloud service runs in Microsoft Azure platform; note that when the tenant was created, you had the chance to create your tenant in different places based on your region. In the background, these tasks are created:
- Multiple copies of the service and basic data are created inside the cloud (for redundancy)
- Sets of different encryption keys are created (for encryption services)
- An internal dedicated Certificate Authority is created.
- The initial login suffix is created based on the user's email address.
- The tenant is branded with Centrify's logo and colors.
This is obviously a simplified list, but it's important that they are understood for future posts. This lab contains no videos.
Next-up: Initial setup and customization.